This course takes learners on a journey through the key concepts of mental health recovery.
Participants will explore the myths and realities of recovery through a range of learning activities and video components, including consumer perspectives on recovery as a unique and individual journey.
This course will fundamentally change the way you view the experience of living with a mental health condition and the importance of supporting hope, connectedness and a meaningful life.
Duration: 30 minutes
Desktop/ Laptop viewing: Compatible
Tablet viewing: Limited compatibility
Mobile phone viewing: Not recommended
Who is this for
- People experiencing mental health conditions
- Families, friends and carers of people experiencing mental health conditions
- New mental health workers
- Professionals from non-mental health sectors
- Mental health recovery myths
- What is mental health recovery?
- What does mental health recovery look like? 13 characteristics of recovery
- What does mental health recovery involve? CHIME
- Different approaches
- Improve interactions with people living with a mental illness through awareness of basic mental health recovery concepts.
- Develop an understanding of the difference between modern recovery approaches to mental health compared to more traditional approaches
What others have said about this course
"[Understanding Mental Health Recovery] was amazing. I come from a non-mental health acute care nursing background and I didn’t realise that recovery from a mental illness was possible without professional intervention. The course has changed my whole perspective on mental health and I particularly liked the overwhelming sense of hope and possibility conveyed in the personal stories of recovery."
One of the following browsers:
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1+, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5+
- Mac: Safari 3+, Firefox +, Google Chrome
AND Flash Player 10 or later (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash)